Editorial Note: The content of this article is based on the author’s opinions and recommendations alone. It has not been previewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through a credit card issuer partnership.
Updated on Tuesday, January 16, 2018
When you’re looking for a credit card, there’s a lot to consider beyond the terms and rewards — extra benefits might be the deciding factor when you can’t decide between one card or the next.
Some cards may come with World Elite Mastercard® or Visa Signature® benefits. You may be wondering what exactly are those benefits, and in this post, we’ll take a deep dive into the Visa Signature® benefits to see if they provide any substantial value that may sway you to choose a Visa Signature® card over a non-Visa Signature® card.
What is the Visa Signature® benefits program?
The Visa Signature® benefits program provides an extensive array of benefits for cardholders to enjoy. Benefits are in various categories including travel protection, purchase benefits, entertainment discounts, special offers in food and shopping, and much more.
These discounts are often exclusive to Visa Signature® cardholders and add extra value when you use your card. Some benefits include lost luggage reimbursement, cell phone protection, food discounts at Domino’s Pizza, shopping discounts at stores like Calvin Klein and Levi’s, and many other discounts.
*Please note that the benefits mentioned in this post may not come with all Visa Signature® cards, so check with your issuer to see if your card is covered and to learn more about your specific card benefits.
Let’s start with the tentpole benefits that come with Visa Signature® cards.
Main Visa Signature® benefits
- Lost luggage reimbursement: It’s never ideal when your luggage is lost while traveling, however you can be reimbursed for checked or carry-on baggage and its contents when you pay for the airline or common carrier ticket with your Visa Signature® card. In addition to lost luggage reimbursement, you may be covered for luggage theft.
- Roadside Dispatch®: If your car breaks down at anytime, there’s no need to scramble to find help. You can easily call Roadside Dispatch and they’ll arrange a tow operator or locksmith to assist you for standard towing, tire changes, jumpstarts and more. This is a pay-per-use feature, so you are responsible for services received.
- Travel and emergency assistance services: Accidents happen when traveling, and it’s even worse if you’re in an unfamiliar destination. With this benefit, you’ll have access to multilingual representatives who are available 24/7 to answer any questions that may arise and provide referrals to various services. Some services include medical referral assistance, emergency translation service, legal referral assistance and more. Note that you’re responsible for the cost of services rendered.
- Auto rental collision damage: When you’re renting a car, the agency will offer you all sorts of add-on insurances to cover additional damage and liability. That includes collision damage. But when you use a Visa Signature® card to pay for your rental, you are already covered for collision. That means you don’t have to pay extra for the rental agency’s policy. In addition to collision damage, you’re covered for theft, towing and loss-of-use charges.
- Global Entry statement credit: Entering back into the U.S. from abroad often requires waiting on a long line to go through security. But not if you’re approved for Global Entry — you can receive expedited clearance at participating airports. Using your Visa Signature® card to pay for the Global Entry application allows you to receive a $100 statement credit.
- Warranty manager service: When you make a purchase with your Visa Signature® card, you’ll also get up to an additional year of warranty protection. This feature either will double your current manufacturer’s warranty if it’s less than a year, or add an additional year of coverage for warranties three years or less. This is helpful for any issues that may arise after the typical warranty term.
- Year end summary: At the end of each year, you’ll receive a detailed summary of all the purchases you’ve made with key insights into your spending habits. This feature is pretty standard amongst credit cards, but it can be helpful for people looking to be more aware of their spending patterns and looking to budget better.
- Cell phone protection: These days, cell phones cost a fortune. And, one of the worst feelings is when your phone gets damaged and you receive a hefty repair bill. But, if you pay your wireless bill with your Visa Signature® card, you can be reimbursed. Note that a deductible is required. Coverage also includes stolen cell phones.
- Price protection: If you’re having buyer’s remorse over a costly item, don’t worry — price protection can reimburse you for the difference if you find a lower price in a print ad. Make sure you use your Visa Signature® card to purchase the item.
Entertainment Discounts and Special Offers
- Hotel access all over the world: Benefit from free nights, discounts, complimentary breakfast and other premium benefits at over 900 hotels around the globe. This is a great way to make your hotel stay more comfortable and enjoyable.
- Black car service discounts: You can ride in luxury with GroundLink chauffeured black car service. GroundLink is a tech-enabled car service providing first-class service worldwide. You can receive 10% savings on service and a one-time $20 credit, valid until July 31, 2019.
Food and Wine Discounts
- Taste of Sonoma: If you’re planning a trip to Sonoma any time soon, you’re in luck. You can get discounts on wine purchases, tastings and more at over 50 Visa Signature® wineries plus a 15% discount on transportation from Pure Luxury.
- Pizza Hut, Domino’s Pizza, Auntie Anne’s: There are various discounts you can receive from several chains that allow you to enjoy some of your favorite foods for less money. Simply pay with your Visa Signature® card and you can benefit from gift card discounts, free items, and order discounts. Discounts vary by retailer.
- Ross-Simons: Shopping online at Ross-Simons.com allows you to receive 25% off your jewelry purchase and free express shipping. This is a substantial discount that can save you a great deal of money. This offer is valid until February 19, 2018.
- Tourneau: When you make a watch purchase of $1,000 or more, you will receive a $250 discount at Tourneau; great if you’ve been eyeing a new watch. This offer is valid through December 31, 2018.
What’s better than going on a shopping spree? Getting discounts on your purchases! You can receive discounts at various clothing retailers including: Levi’s, Calvin Klein, Van Heusen, Macy’s, Bass Factory Outlet, Wilsons Leather, Teva, Haggar Clothing Co., and UGG. Discounts vary by retailer and include receiving free shipping, a percentage or specific monetary value off your purchase, bonus gift cards and more when you pay with your Visa Signature® card.
- Troon Rewards®: Troon Rewards® provides you with savings at over 90 golf courses worldwide. Sign up with your Visa Signature® card and you’ll earn Silver Status, benefiting from 10% off golf fees and merchandise. Current members can earn a one-level upgrade to either Gold or Platinum Status. This offer is valid until January 26, 2020.
Movies and Games
- AMC Theatres discounts: Purchasing a $25 eGift card from AMC Theatres with your Visa Signature® card saves you 5%. This is a $1.25 value, and although it’s not a large savings, it nonetheless saves you some money. This offer is valid until October 31, 2018.
- GameFly trial: You can receive a 30-day free trial of GameFly by signing up with your Visa Signature® card. This deal ends February 2, 2019. Currently, GameFly has a promotion of a 30-day free trial that you can get without a Visa Signature® card.
Visa Signature® vs. World Elite Mastercard®
You may be wondering how the Visa Signature® benefits program compares to other benefits programs on the market. Below we compare the key benefits of Visa Signature® cards to cards with World Elite Mastercard® benefits. The World Elite Mastercard® program is the biggest rival in terms of premium additional benefits programs you can receive with credit cards.
The Visa Signature® program offers more options in travel protections, food, shopping and jewelry discounts, and car service when compared to the World Elite Mastercard® program which offers more luxury hotels and sports discounts.
World Elite Mastercard®
Trip cancellation insurance
Auto rental collision damage waiver
Travel and emergency assistance services
Lost Luggage Reimbursement
Global Entry statement credit
Trip delay reimbursement
Travel accident insurance
Baggage Delay Reimbursement
None at this time
None at this tim
None at this time
None at this time
Cards that Offer Visa Signature® Benefits
There are dozens of cards that offer Visa Signature® benefits, and below we list the personal and business cards that you can apply for to take advantage of the numerous benefits mentioned earlier. As a reminder, the benefits mentioned above may come with the cards listed below, check with your issuer to see if your card is covered and to learn more about your specific card benefits.
The information related to Amazon Prime Rewards Visa® Signature Card has been independently collected by MagnifyMoney and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card prior to publication.
Amazon Prime Rewards Visa® Signature Card
- Annual fee
- Rewards Rate
- Earn 5% back at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market with eligible Prime membership, 2% back at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores, and 1% back on all other purchases.
- Regular Purchase APR
- 14.24% to 22.24% Variable
The information related to Amazon Rewards Visa® Signature Card has been independently collected by MagnifyMoney and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card prior to publication.