Secured credit cards can be a valuable tool to build (or rebuild) your credit history. The cards you see here report your repayment history to the credit bureaus, so if you pay on time and follow other terms & conditions your credit score could improve over time. Our goal is to help you find a secured credit card with the lowest cost and fewest traps. Some of the offers below are from our partners.Learn More
General Disclaimer: The content on this page may not be provided by any financial institution and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. See the online credit card application for details about terms and conditions. We make every effort to maintain accurate information; however, all credit card information is presented without warranty. To confirm terms and conditions, click the "Apply Now" button and review the information on the credit card terms page. This site may be compensated through a credit card partnership.
Always pay your balance on time
Late payments can cost as much as $35
Never use a credit card at an ATM. A cash advance is extremely expensive
The fees and interest are extremely high
Always pay the balance in full
Secured cards have very high interest rates. Even if you pay 80% interest accrues on your full spend not the remaining 20%
Don’t spend on the card if you do a balance transfer
Unless the promotional rate extends to purchases, you will be charged interest on your purchases
Make sure the card is reported to all 3 credit bureaus
Your goal is to establish a good credit history. You are wasting your time if the card is not reported.